Core 1 : Dyna and Core 2 : Nova studio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reorigin Stuff

2 posters

Go down

Reorigin Stuff Empty Reorigin Stuff

Post  Qoing Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:56 am

can anyone teach me how to re-origin a model?
Qoing
Qoing
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Reorigin Stuff Empty Re: Reorigin Stuff

Post  I.P. Freely Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:56 am

Qoing wrote:can anyone teach me how to re-origin a model?
it's easy, first open hlmv, go to the orignins thingy and play with the numbers until you have the origin you like, decompile the model (don't close hlmv and don't erase the numbers, you'll need them later) now go to the weapon's qc file
Next we need to add the $origin command to the QC file, which we will add under where it says $cliptotextures, like this example shows.

$modelname "v_sten.mdl"
$cd ".\"
$cdtexture ".\"
$scale 1.0
$cliptotextures

$origin

Now cut and paste the numbers from top to bottom from Jed's HLMV into your qc file on the same line you added the $origin command, like the
example below shows, making sure to leave a space between each number.

$origin 1.08000 -0.600000 -1.400000
Once you have made these changes to the QC file you can now save the QC file.
then compile the model

Also note that decompiling and compiling the same model will make the textures out of line, and the more a model keeps getting decompiled and compiled the more
the textures become out of line. So to help those needing to know how to correct this problem, i have put a breif guide together to help you, which you can find here.
Breif guide about realigning textures
I.P. Freely
I.P. Freely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post  Qoing Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:11 am

I.P. Freely wrote:
it's easy, first open hlmv, go to the orignins thingy and play with the numbers until you have the origin you like, decompile the model (don't close hlmv and don't erase the numbers, you'll need them later) now go to the weapon's qc file
Next we need to add the $origin command to the QC file, which we will add under where it says $cliptotextures, like this example shows.

$modelname "v_sten.mdl"
$cd ".\"
$cdtexture ".\"
$scale 1.0
$cliptotextures

$origin

Now cut and paste the numbers from top to bottom from Jed's HLMV into your qc file on the same line you added the $origin command, like the

then compile the model

Also note that decompiling and compiling the same model will make the textures out of line, and the more a model keeps getting decompiled and compiled the more
the textures become out of line. So to help those needing to know how to correct this problem, i have put a breif guide together to help you, which you can find here.
I.P. im not relly goo dat pc but when i decompile it it says "have u configured the mdldec.exe is located on your system"
pls help
or u can amke a vid how u origin a model
Qoing
Qoing
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post  I.P. Freely Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:47 am

Qoing wrote:
I.P. Freely wrote:

$modelname "v_sten.mdl"
$cd ".\"
$cdtexture ".\"
$scale 1.0
$cliptotextures

$origin

then compile the model

I.P. im not relly goo dat pc but when i decompile it it says "have u configured the mdldec.exe is located on your system"
pls help
or u can amke a vid how u origin a model
if you use the hlmv decompiler first download the compiler and decompiler fromWUNDERBOY, or the milkshape compiler / decompiler
I.P. Freely
I.P. Freely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down