Core 1 : Dyna and Core 2 : Nova studio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pls make a tutorial

2 posters

Go down

Pls make a tutorial Empty Pls make a tutorial

Post  don_Roach Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:20 am

Can you make for me tutorial, how to exchange hands in models. For example from one model to another. I never had a contact with modeling programs, so can you make tutorial for NooB ?? I know that this topic is in the bad section, but pls be lenient :/

don_Roach
don_Roach
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Pls make a tutorial Empty Re: Pls make a tutorial

Post  Domar251\ Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:45 pm

to change the hands you need to have the model of the hands that you want

when you got those hands, open the .smd that have the hands that you want to change
once you're done with this, delete the old hands model (but not delete the bones) and import the new hands.

when you do this, you need to attach that hand model to the old bones, otherwise the hand will not reproduce any animation and will fail in compile.

you can do this with weapons also, but is esasiest than with the hands, because hands have moree bones than weapons Very Happy

i hope you understand me because i'm argentinian and i know a little about english :S
Domar251\
Domar251\
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  don_Roach Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:24 am

I understand all word Smile But there is a problem i can't do this :/ I only saw MilkShape 3D nothing more, so I don't know where are those bones from weapons or hands :/ Can you take some pics for me ? Pls...
don_Roach
don_Roach
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Domar251\ Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:35 pm

don_Roach wrote:I understand all word Smile But there is a problem i can't do this :/ I only saw MilkShape 3D nothing more, so I don't know where are those bones from weapons or hands :/ Can you take some pics for me ? Pls...

okay, i will explain again, but whitout picture because im too lazy Very Happy

first of all you need to decompile your model (to decompile you can use milkshape, but i don't use, so i don't know how to decompile with milkshape Very Happy ), and when you decompile it you will see some .smd archives, some .bmp archives and a .qc file

when you decompile it go to the menu archives. in there should be the option "import" and then it will display some options

you select half life smd and then you search for the smd that have the hands that you want to rig sleeves into it
after that you import the sleeves model (same step of the hands one) and search for the forearm (one for each arm) bone and assign the sleeves to it (depending on left or right side...)

about bones, if you open milkshape and look at the right of the screen there must be 4 tabs ( model, group, materials and jonits). bones are in joints tab

after you done this you go to files and then export
select half life smd and save it (you can change the name of the smd, but you will need to change the .qc file in that case)

then compile it (if the compiler gives you some vertices error tri to put the sleeves and the hands on diferent.smd )

hope this help you this time roach Very Happy
Domar251\
Domar251\
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down